New amp day.

New amp day.

Postby GW349 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:23 am

Actually it was a couple weeks ago :cool: I've been thinning stuff and downsizing from the PA system to an acoustic amp in preparation for a move in a few months.
I returned that crate amp that hummed and got a fishman loud box performer. It's very quiet (no hum) the effects and controls are very good, and twin 90 watts of power = loud,if you need it.
I tried, the mini, the artist and IMO the performer is the clear winner.
I'm still dialing in the sound, but me likes it veddy much. :-D

Funny how things go in circles. I started with an acoustic amp, then a larger one, then went to a sa220 soloamp, then to a PA system sporting a pair of QSC k10s and now back to an acoustic amp. I hope I'm done! :-D

What I appreciate most about an acoustic amp over a PA sys, is there's no need for all the pedals (di & vocal) that you also have to lug around and set up. Plug & play baby! :jam:
GW349

Re: New amp day.

Postby Neal » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:09 am

Hey! I have the Loudbox Artist. Nice amps. While I'm not using anything at all these days, I'm tired of buying and selling, buying and selling, so this was a good versatile amp that I have when, if, I need one. Yep, the Performer has the edge.
Neal

Postby GW349 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:39 am

Neal wrote:I'm tired of buying and selling, buying and selling.

Man I hear ya... I'm scaling down, never to go up again!
GW349

Postby Melodeous » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Same here on the buy/sell ticket. I'm not a trader/scrapper in the market. The sa220 solo works well for the store. I also have a PA installed but I need to get a good EQ on it and a couple monitors. Acts bring their own but I'd like to eventually get regulars using my gear.
http://www.the-weinberg-foundation.org/ ... dation.pdf

Electric guitar tone is influenced by the wood species directly associated with the string-to-pick-up relationship, and particularly with the species Balderd Ash.

http://www.bidstrup.com/bible.htm
Melodeous

Postby Terry Allan Hall » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Sounds like a dandy! :thumbup:
To be loved deeply gives one strength; to love another deeply gives one courage - Lao Tzu

"God(s) Bless the Rest of the World(s), Too."
Terry Allan Hall

Return to Electronics